Create a yummy little vegetable plot the easy peasy way! The Childrens Vegetable Garden Grobox is a mini garden in a box. The Grobox contains vegetable seeds and a growing medium (vermiculite). Plant the whole box under the soil where you want the vegetables to appear and keep watered. The box itself is biodegradable so overtime the cardboard will disappear naturally and the seeds inside will grow.
Childrens Vegetable Garden Grobox contains the following seeds:-
- Carrot Paris Market 5 (Atlas),
- Chard Rhubarb Chard (Vulcan)
- Dwarf Bean Dual
- Lettuce Little Gem
- Radish Sparkler3.
Planting the GroBox is really easy – just follow these simple steps:-
1. Choose a planting spot that gets good sunshine. Dig a hole to the size of the box and approximately 10cm (4”) deep. Remove the coloured sleeve and put the complete cardboard box in the ground, face up. (For best results, remove the lid).
2. Water the box and cover with the soil dug from the hole.
3. Water everything again and keep watering regularly. If you’ve planted your GroBox when the weather is hot and dry, you should water more often. Your seeds will start to germinate in a week or so!
4. The GroBox will protect the little seedlings from the cold and pesky garden pests so they can grow into healthy, strong plants.
5. Enjoy eating your vegetables with family and friends!
Top tip! GroBox will do well in most soils, but try to avoid any waterlogged areas – just so the box doesn’t get too mushy!
The Vegetable Grobox is a fun way to get children interested in gardening – just team with a kid’s sized watering can to get them started.
Actual size of the box: L 29cm (11 1/2″) x W 23cm (9″) x D 4.5cm (11 3/4″).
SOW: May – July. HARVEST: June – October
SOW BY DEC 2020