The Allotment Handbook is a great beginners guide to growing crops in a small space. Discover the joy of “growing your own” armed with this informative and easy to read guide plus the necessary spade.
The Allotment Handbook
- Takes you through 10 steps to preparing your plot
- Teaches the basics of sowing, planting, feeding, mulching, watering and weeding.
- Learn how to grow over 70 types of fruit and vegetable crops.
- Discover how to make a simple compost bin, form raised beds, plant fruit trees.
- Find tips to attract wildlife.
- Contains a glossary of gardening terms
- Picture gallery to help identify common weeds
- Author: Simon Akeroyd.
- Published by Dorling Kindersley
Whether you prefer to start small with a few herbs and simple veg or if you are feeling ambitious enough and would like to feed your whole family all year round, the Allotment Handbook will show you how.
Beautifully illustrated throughout, this gardening book is perfect for the proud new owner of an allotment and will encourage first time gardeners to get growing something tasty.
Team with some of our other allotment items for the ultimate grow your own present.